Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sky, Water and Waves Demonstration


This is the demonstration I did for class today. We talked about cloud shapes, how this cloud was backlit and how the water color is a bounce off the sky. We also talked about calm water and rippled water and how the colors reflect off the angles of the ripples/waves. We looked at many examples and it was good to observe and learn the form/shape of things and how the light sits on the shapes.


and here is a small 5x8 inch demo I did of waves.


5 comments:

wandamarie said...

This was a wonderful demonstration, Maria. I really love the back-lit cloud and the (what did Kim call them...God-rays?) God-rays to the water from the cloud. The water looks very realistic, and I do like the inlet you created at the treeline, rather than having a single horizontal shoreline. It's beautiful! Now I need to try this again.

DamiĆ£o Vieira said...

Hello Maria, fantastic way to see and feel around us.
An intense work. Congratulations!!

hmuxo said...

Gorgeous, powerful sky, Maria!! Absolutely beautiful....and the water looks so realistic! Wonderful job.

Mail Art Dramas said...

love all the light! I do miss your classes.

Anonymous said...

Maria, this painting is just stunning!!! The water, the "god ray", the colors......WOW!

I really miss your class, hoping next fall I will be able attend!

Ann