Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quick Portrait Session


I went to a portrait session this morning
 and thought I would work in pastels.
I love the portrait sessions (Associated Artists of Butler County
because they are so casual, no pressure and a warm group. 
I was too busy to go lately, 
and forgot what a nice opportunity this is. 
 I could have used about 20 more minutes to 
work the shirt and tidy up a bit.
Total work time, about and hour and a half 
on 11x14 ish bristol board that I put a pastel ground on.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful job Maria, whats the size?

wandamarie said...

Maria, you really caught his gentle, sensitive looks and his expression. This pastel is wonderful.

Damião Vieira said...

Good portrait, very expressive.
Congratulations

hmuxo said...

this is a wonderful portrait Maria...Awesome face...love the roughness of his shirt...glad you didn't tidy up!! well done.

Debra Keirce said...

Very nice work!