Friday, April 27, 2012

Gregory Pastel Portrait

I have a few commissions coming up and thought I would do a quick portrait of my son to warm up a bit. He looked at it and said, "Why so serious?"  It is hard to catch him in a serious photo. He usually has a goof off face.  I think he was surprised to see that I had a good photo of him to use.
He comes home from his freshman year/university in a few weeks. Can't wait to see his goof off face.
Check out his blog              17x17 inches on sanded paper
UPDATE--- Just found out this painting won Best Portrait in the Associated Artists of Butler County Spring Show!

5 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

This goof off face is beautiful Maria. I love the color in his cheek and jaw!

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

Thank you Dana.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I like the serious expression, as well as the 'space' around him. Beautifully done, Maria.

hmuxo said...

You used a perfect photo of your son, Maria. This is a gorgeous portrait. Beautiful skin tones....

Arti said...

This is so lovely..you have great control over the medium.Your son is sure a handsome model!