Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sketches at the Zoo




We went to the zoo on Friday. Both of our sons are into art/animation and we all took sketchbooks.  I follow James Gurney's blog and have wanted to get a little sketch kit together like he uses. It was wonderful in size and supplies.  I started with pen and ink on the moleskin watercolor book and did the watercolor washes at home. Next time I will do the watercolor washes on site and draw bigger.  Here is a link to one of my son's gestures from the day. And here is a link to my other son's blog. Hopefully he will get his sketches up soon. Lots of links today, but the info is good.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

Like Mother..Like Son!....I went to your son's blog and he does nice work. I love your sketches Maria! The zoo is always fun to take the sketch books to.

Sadami said...

Hi, Maria,
It's really lovely. Glad to hear you're enjoying sketching outside. Look forward to more!!
Cheers,Sadami

Mail Art Dramas said...

wonderful! what a way to spend a spring day.