Friday, May 8, 2009

Butler Session


This watercolor is from the latest model session at Butler Arts... I am enjoying these sessions and am learning how to apply my paint fast and which colors work. We end up with about 1.5 hours of paint time. I am trying to use less water so that the paper dries and I can layer without turning to mud. I offered to model last week (which was really fun) and am getting my summer class schedule out so I have not been painting much.... miss it, But as an artist/studio owner, the marketing has to come first. This summer I also plan to do some bigger paintings and less demos since I will have the time. Stay tuned! Oh and I also got my etsy shop open, but still need to list more of my work. It never ends, but at least I am not bored...

4 comments:

Charlene Brown said...

The definition and detail you achieve in watercolour is amazing, and your hints at the learning process leading to this vibrant non-muddiness is much appreciated.

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

Thanks, Charlene,
I am glad to share and appreciate the comments. I learn from sharing too.

Dean H. said...

Really nice work on this, Maria! Love your palette...including the background!

Unknown said...

Hi Maria! I'm sorry I didn't see this lovely painting earlier!

Happy Belated Mother's Day.